The Car Painting ProcessA quality car painting process requires many steps that are both time and labor intensive. Barbosa’s Kustom Kolor in Parkville, MO takes the time to properly prep a car and paint it correctly. Their process includes taking the sections of the car being painted apart. Just like in the factory where cars are produced, each part is painted and then assembled into a complete car. Technicians at Barbosa’s remove all pieces of the car, including door handles, molding, mirrors, bumpers and other parts. Windows and tires are taped off. All pieces are sanded to remove imperfections, dents and chips and then masked. Then the process of painting begins. 2 coats of sealer are applied first then 3-5 coats of professionally matched color and finally 2-3 coats of clear coat on top. Each coat requires a certain amount of drying time or flashing in between, determined by the current temperature. Technicians must have all the coats ready to go in advance and apply them within the proper time necessary. Once the painting is complete the car is reassembled, polished and cleaned to look brand new.
Discount Car Paint Jobs Just won’t cut itThe time and labor intensive process at Barbosa’s Kustom Kolor produces a quality car paint job designed to make your car look as good as new. Auto body shops that offer car paint jobs for $129 or less are not performing the full process. Many are big companies with many stores across the nation. They purchase large quantities of popular car paint colors at discount rates and distribute them to all their locations. The color they use to paint your car most likely won’t be your specific color. They won’t take your car apart and sand away small dents. They often won’t even paint the inside of your car. The only way they can offer lower rates on car paint jobs is by cutting corners in the process. Paints that are not applied correctly can peel or chip. They can show lines where the old and new paint meet and they can look horrible.
Get a Quality Paint Job at Barbosa’s Kustom KolorBarbosa’s Kustom Kolor stands behind all their car paint jobs. If you want your car to look like new and its paint job to stand the test of time, rely on Barbosa’s. Car accidents happen. It’s a part of life. Knowing you have an honest and reliable company that will get you back on the road with quality repairs and paint will give you peace of mind. When it comes to car paint jobs, you get what you pay for! Keep that in mind!
Storm Water can cause Big Car ProblemsIt seems like every time you turn on the TV there are storms across the nation wreaking havoc. Often flooding can occur which can create car problems you may not be aware of. When a car is parked in a flooded area, there isn’t much that can be done. When driving its best to a route when you know flooded roads are up ahead. It’s very difficult to estimate how deep flood waters are and trying to drive through flood waters is not only a dangerous gamble for the driver and passengers, but can cause major damage to your car. Most cars have modules for the air bags under the bottom of the center console. Should these modules become submerged, they can become completely inoperable, meaning your car will have to be replaced. Even small amounts of water can damage the airbags and insurance companies will not pay to have them fixed. They will consider the car totaled. Your best bet if caught in a flooded road situation is to slowly back your car out and take another route. Keep yourself, your passengers and your car safe.
Critters and Car ProblemsCar won’t start? Headlights blinking? Sounds like a strange car problem. Surprisingly, critters could be the culprit. Small animals like mice and squirrels like to chew on things to sharpen their teeth. If they find a feast of exposed wires under your car, they might think they've hit the jackpot. This can be an expensive car problem. Removing and replacing chewed wires is not an easy task. Avoiding these electrical issues could be as easy as keeping your car in a garage. This, however, is not always possible. It’s a good idea to park your car in an open area, near your home where activity will keep animals away. Don’t park near the woods or next to trash receptacles. Sometimes having a vigilant house pet can help drive critters away too.
Barbosa’s Kustom Kolor will fix your Auto Body ProblemsCar problems can be expensive to repair, but a bit of caution and preparation can sometimes save your wallet. When a car accident occurs, knowing a reliable auto body shop you can trust is important. Barbosa’s Kustom Kolor cannot fix the mechanical or electrical car problems, but they can help with any auto body repairs you may need. They’ll talk with your insurance adjuster and help you get a rental car. We can all be plagued by car problems. Barbosa’s is always here to get you back on the road quickly!
Prevention of Car Hail DamageSometimes the weatherman gets it right and we know when to expect a hailstorm. With proper warning, getting your car into a garage or covered parking space can save you lots of hassle. It is estimated that hail damage costs Americans over $1 billion in property and vehicle damage every year. If it’s safe to move your car prior to a hailstorm starting, that’s the best bet. Car covers, blankets, and towels may help if a garage is not an option. Be safe though. Don’t go out into a hailstorm to cover your car and risk personal injury.
Car Hail Damage – is it covered by insurance?If you are out driving and get caught in a hailstorm or unable to move your car to safety, then hail damage could be likely. Whether the hail is pebble or golf-ball size and how long your car is exposed can create a wide range of damage levels. The bad news about car hail damage is that it can affect your entire car, from the roof to the hood, even windshields, doors, and windows. This can be an expensive endeavor to fix. The good news is that insurance may cover your car hail damage claim. If you carry comprehensive coverage on your vehicle, more likely than not you are covered. However, there will probably be a deductible that needs to be met. Collision coverage usually included comprehensive coverage as well. The best thing to do is to immediately call your insurance company to see if you are covered. paintless dent repair, glass replacement and/or traditional auto body techniques may be needed. If your insurance covers repairs, call immediately to file a claim, take pictures and bring your car to a reliable auto body repair shop. If a hailstorm hits your area, they may be overrun with car hail damage requests. Barbosa’s Kustom Kolor can help in the Kansas City are. They have years of experience with hail damage repair. They will work with your insurance company and get your vehicle back in shape. They will do their best to complete repairs in a timely manner after an area hailstorm. Don’t let hail damage ruin your day. Call (816) 741-6348 to schedule a free hail damage repair estimate with Barbosa’s today.
Car Noises and what they can mean
1.Squealing during acceleration: We’ve all heard the high-pitched squealing sound some cars make when accelerating. This one is tough to ignore because it can be so loud, turning heads all around you. This tell-tale sound is often an indication that you have a fan or timing belt issue. This belt can be loose or reaching the end of its life. The bad news is once it snaps, your engine won’t work. These belts don’t last forever and many cars have maintenance tips for when it should be replaced. This might be a costly repair. The belt typically serpentines through your engine requiring a good amount of labor to replace.
2. Knocking inside the engine or when turning: Knocking sounds deep in the engine of your car can be a sign of serious issues. Rod bearing can be worn out or another part has come loose and is banging against the inside of the engine somewhere. This is a sound that should not be ignored. Bring your car right to the repair shop. If you experience a knocking sound when turning, coming from the front of the car, it could indicate a worn or failing CV joint. Again, this needs a timely trip to the repair shop for diagnosis. Driving could be dangerous depending on how bad the CV joint is.
3. Squeaking when braking: Most modern cars have a built-in squeak tab to alert drivers that their brake pads are worn. The squeak can start off small but continuously grow louder. It’s a good time to have your brake pads checked. If they become too thin, you can damage the rotors causing much more expensive repairs.
Keep your car in good shape on the inside and the outsideKeeping your car in good shape can be an expensive prospect but regular maintenance and paying attention to car noises can save money in the long run. Worn parts can fail which can cause worse engine damage or even an accident. Pay attention to these noises and find a mechanic you can trust to let you know about important repairs. When auto body repairs are needed, trust Barbosa’s Kustom Kolor located in Parkville, MO. They will get your car back in shape, deal with the insurance companies and even help arrange a loaner car. You’re in good hands at Barbosa’s.
PPG Paint BenefitsPPG Envirobase High Performance automotive paint has several high-impact benefits to auto body repair and paint shops as well as the final consumer.
- Color Matching Process: One of the biggest benefits of PPG Envirobase High Performance auto paint is the color matching process. Unlike traditional auto paint, there is no need to create a sample spray card to match a car’s color. With over 6000 color chips already on hand in the shop, technicians can simply select a pre-made color card to find the best match. Newer colors can be determined with a rapid scanner reader.
- Anti-settle Technology: This may not sound like a significant benefit, but it is. There is no need for any paint agitating before or during pain matching or painting. The microgel technology in the paint eliminates several steps from the process of blending colors and additives (all which need agitating at different parts of the process with other paints). Also, PPG Envirobase High Performance paint touts a longer shelf life for all paints, additives, top coats and mixed color pots.
- Drying Time: PPG paint technology requires fewer steps, and each step requires less drying time than traditional automotive paints.
- Environmentally Friendly: Born from the idea of reducing VOSs, this paint contains no lead and low hazardous air pollutants.
Look for an Auto Repair Shop that uses PPG PaintPPG Envirobase High Performance automobile paint is an industry leader in high-quality paints. It is even endorsed with the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval. The paints also perform well. PPG paints stand the test of time; resist corrosion due to chemicals and environmental factors. If you need auto body repair or painting in the Kanas City area, Barbosa’s Kustom Kolor uses PPG Envirobase High Performance automobile paint. They will provide you with quality repairs, excellent paint matching, help with insurance claims and rental car assistance. Call Barbosa’s Kustom Kolor at (816) 741-6348 to learn more about how they can get you back on the road in no time. Prefer to request an estimate online? Visit their request an estimate page to get started.
1. Dress for winter – You never know when that sudden craving for chocolate might strike. The nearest convenience store may only be right around the corner, but accidents can happen at any time and in any place. Insurance companies report that 52% of reported accidents occur within 5 miles from home and 77% within 15 miles. When you head out, no matter how far you are going, dress for winter. You don’t want to get stuck for hours in the snow in shorts and a t-shirt.
2. Pack your car with essentials – Take some time and put together an emergency kit for your car in case you have an accident. Some essentials to include are bottled water, snacks such as protein bars, blankets, roadside flares, flashlights, gloves or hand warmers and fix-a-flat. The small effort of gathering these items and placing them in your car is worth the peace of mind they provide. Got a new driver in the house? Why not pack them a kit for their car?
3. List contact information – Create a card with the names and phone numbers of those you would like contacted should you be in an auto accident and unable to communicate. Keep this list in your wallet and the glove box in case either is not reachable for rescue personnel.
4. Put your cell phone in your pocket – When heading out on icy winter roads, it’s a good idea to place your cell phone in your pocket. If you slide and crash or even flip your car, that cell phone may not be reachable if in your purse or thrown from the seat. If it is tucked away safely in your pocket, you will have a better chance of being able to use it to call for help.These four simple steps can help you be prepared when driving in the winter. Your passengers will thank you if you have supplies to make things more comfortable should you get stuck for any length of time. Some of these measures could even save your life. Drive safe in winter weather and if unfortunately, you have a winter auto accident, be prepared with an auto body repair shop that will get your car back in shape. Barbosa's Kustom Kolor will handle all the details of your auto body repair, work with your insurance company and get your car looking brand new once again.